Kaila's graduation ceremony was just plain awesome! SO MUCH FUN! (I know. Weird.) The weather was beautiful. The processional was just incredible to watch... all those kids in their blue gowns with such happy faces.

The flag was brought in by a SKYDIVER. The speakers were short and hilarious - bringing out laughter, a few tears and the great spirit of this class. SHHS - the letters of the school, also stand for their school motto: Spirit - Heart - Honor - Success. They really emphasized how this class epitomizes this motto. Think about it: You take two rival high schools, a rivalry that has existed for over a century, and bring the kids from each into a new school, hoping that they won't kill each other, and instead create a new bond. THEY REALLY DID. Everyone mentioned how this class forged a new path for many to come - and did it with real class and style!
The choir (Kaila included) sang an original song written by the choir teacher that was done especially for the school, accompanied by electric guitar and drums. NOT LAME - COOL!
And as they all had their names called and walked a l-o-n-g loop so that everyone in the stadium could see them... it was just perfect. And at the end, as they switched their tassels, there was a burst of unexpected FIREWORKS. Wow! And In case you're wondering... yes, I know I sound like a sappy mom, and I don't even care! That's MY Graduate!!
And in the midst of all this "Pomp & Circumstance" we watched our beautiful young lady and her fabulous group of friends with so much love and pride. What a perfect day!
4 comments:
Congratulations! What an amazing experience. Kaila, I wish you happiness and success!
BTW,I never thought about Payson and Spanish combining, you're right about them not killing each other!
How awesome! It's hard to believe Kaila is all grown up. One down, only four more to go:) And those pictures in the last post are absolutely beautiful! You better lock her up or some RM is going to snatch her up before you know it!
She's just too cute and she looks so young!
Oh, what DARLING girls! Kaila, I hope my girls grow up to be as wonderful as you. I can't believe this awesome graduation ceremony! Kudos to whomever planned it.
Love you, Kaila!
xoxo
Crystal
Post a Comment