Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Welcome Queen Elizabeth!

Necia & Lizzy
Apparently... dad has won this round. We are now the very excited owners of a playful and adoreable PUPPY! She came from the latest batch born to my Mom and Dad's dog Rudy. She was one of six, and after many protestations about not being able to have a dog here in our twin home in the city... she is firmy entrenched.

The kids (okay, okay and the parents) love her! But who could resist! We named her "Lizzy" which is short for Queen Elizabeth. She has an Elizabethan ruff of white fur around her neck, and since they wouldn't let me name her Shakespeare... this was the next best thing.

Necia spent a whole day working with her on what to do after eating... go to the back door, and go out to do your business. The first night we had a couple of accidents, but since our resident vet worked her training magic... she goes right to the door and hasn't left a deposit inside since!!! YAY! We are still working, however, on her tendency to CHEW everthing in sight. This pic shows her sleeping, but that's misleading... she actually rarely sleeps and wants to play all night long. Good thing she has lots of playmates that are willing to let her jump around and chew their hair while they try to sleep. We may have to start shutting her in the bathroom... yeah, that should be fun!



2 comments:

Amy said...

Those dang puppies are so cute! Last time I was up there, I got to love on them. Your dad and Nat kept telling me I needed to take one home. But because I live so far away, I managed to tell them no! It was pretty hard to do though.

Queen Elizabeth is darling! And way to train the kids! I would be the one taking the dog out and cleaning up the messes!

oda41143 Missy said...

Too funny!! Love that pic. Congrats on the new addition. I knew the puppy would be a girl!!