Saturday, November 15, 2008

Salem Hills Swim Team

Kaila is having a BLAST swimming for our brand new high school! She swam for the city team for a few years when she was younger, and of course she spends AMPLE time in the pool all summer being a swim instructor and a lifeguard... so how could she resist swimming in school??

This new team is really enjoying their first season. And the nature of swim meets is that you are out of the pool waiting for your race more than you are IN the pool... so that leaves plenty of time for hanging with your friends, taking pictures and just generally goofing off! Oh, I mean... you spend all that time in intense focus planning your strategy for your next race. You can just see the focus and concentration being employed by these tough-as-nails athletes!


Yeah, she looks really miserable in these pics, huh? Its a rough job, but someone has to do it!

Just giving you a hard time Roo... It's very fun to watch how close they are as a team. They really do work hard, and the entire team is improving every day. Kaila's times have been getting shorter and shorter. She's turning in to a breast stroke phenomenon! At her past two meets the coaches had her swim a 200 IM, which means she had to swim 50 yards of each stroke: back, breast, butterfly and freestyle. I could do back and free... maybe breast if I had to... but butterfly... NO WAY! (oh, you do realize that I mean I could do that 20 years ago... yeah.) And she did it!! All 4 strokes, high speed, and not dead at the end of it! Now THAT is cool.

Kinda cool to be watching our kids in events where it's perfectly acceptable to jump and scream at the top of your lungs! GO SKYHAWKS!!! Whoot-whoot!!




2 comments:

oda41143 Missy said...

Wow, your girls are in such fun stages of life! THanks for sharing

Cynthia said...

She definitely looks like she's working hard:) I just can't get over what a beautiful woman she's turning into...she's always 13 in my head!