So I'm sitting here by the front door, laptop in hand (well, lap) waiting for all the little spooks, goblins and power rangers to take my candy... and it occurs to me... HEY! Why not update your blog? It's been a couple of days... Ahem... yeah... weeks more like. Truly... how does time pass so quickly?
Let's do a quick month-in-review: (Imagine this being said super fast...)
Shakespeare competition, general conference, Jr. Drill workshop for the girls, took the kids to a totally impromptu breakfast at Golden Corral, (moo...) Trip to California with drill team: Disney, Universal and WICKED... all GREAT! Baby sat my nephew Scott for a weekend, over-drafted my checking account, (again)! held auditions for the fall comedy, started rehearsals, celebrated 2 neices' birthdays, watched Jada dance at the Scarecrow festival, heard Kaila do a fabulous solo song at the school choir concert, supervised the drama club Halloween party, made clam-chowder for the family Halloween party, enjoyed a bonfire at said party, attended 4 faculty meetings, did 3 weeks of Primary music, taught numerous classes, did inumerable loads of laundry and played a rousing game of Bunco with my best buds! WHEW!
Busy month... October. And now it's gone. Do y'all have those moments where you suddenly realize that a month, or a year, or a childhood has passed... and you can't believe how quickly it went? I'm in one of those moments tonight, realizing that I only have one little chickie who still really wants to trick-or-treat. The older four are all gone to various parties and events with their friends. Poor Erika. I think she was as surprised as we were that suddenly for the first time in her life... no sisters to go door to door with. We had to quickly arrange for a neighborhood friend!
And at the end of the evening, one of her "best ever friends", daughter of our good friends the Carrascos, came to the door. Within minutes they had arranged a sleep-over and an all-day playtime for tomorrow! So her lonely Halloween turned out okay. :)
Sierra did THRILLER with the drill team at a school assembly this morning. It was incredible! They had some of their own choreography, but they did a bunch of the original thriller zombie moves and it was cool! Sierra had this totally intense scary face and she was staring down the audience. Awesome! I had to get a sub to take my class so I could run over and watch. Thanks to the teacher next door for giving up his prep time to watch my 2nd period!
And do I have ANY pics of my cute kids in all their costumes today? NO I do not! Someone has jacked the battery from my camera so I am picture-less... for many events... Halloween, Cali trip, dance stuff, family birthdays... and who the HECK needed a CV3R anyway? No one will fess up, so I guess I need to add that to tomorrow's grocery list. New month... new to-do list!
And more milestones to count: My baby turns 8 this month. That's the last baptism for us! My next-up baby turns 12 and leaves Primary to go into Young Women. And come January... my first baby turns 18. I know SHE'S ready for that, but the parents aren't!
It's definitely a time for deep-thoughts about the passage of time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wait until 20 comes. My Mom thought that 18 was hard until she realized I was going to be 20 in 3 months
I've been looking forward to an update and the only disappointment was no pictures: get that camera battery!!
deep thoughts about the passage of time are better than deep thoughts by jack handy :)
Wow--I think you should change your name to Wonder Woman!!!
Everything Crystal says about you sounds like it's true.
I think you should move closer to us.
Post a Comment