Show week is here! We have had 3 performances, and are happy to report that so far all is going well! Our audiences have been HUGE. (That's a surprise for the first week.)
After my "wardrobe malfunction" on Wednesday night's dress rehearsal, the director decide to change my blocking. YAY! I had been running off stage, taking off my big costume (difficult), climbing the back stairs, putting the box BACK on, (3 person job, including me), changing hats, and then trying to charge down the castle stairs to chase Lefou with my spear. It was like 45 seconds, and I just couldn't make it. Going down the stairs in the costume was almost impossible. I tripped and missed a stair on Weds, which caused my viking helmet to roll off and across the stage. So, there I am... with only my wig cap (aka... pantyhose) on my head. We had an audience of about 100 senior citizens. I'm kinda hoping they couldn't see well enough... ha ha.
NOW... they just have me coming back in from the side with my spear. All I have to do is change hats!! I do a big sneaking walk, and so far it's gotten a big laugh every night. (Pretty sure that's just because the viking helmet is so stinking funny.) As soon as I get some pics, I'll post them!
It's been a wild ride. Lots of work, but fun too. I've decided that as stressful as directing can be... I think I do a much better job being backstage! Next year they've asked me and Steve to be the directors... I feel pretty good about that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congrats on a great first week!! Break a leg!!
Where is the play at? I am sorry I don't know but let me know I would love to bring my kids. You are playing one of my favorite charactors.
Love the play! It is awesome you all did such a great job. I will post pictures tonight... then you can see them. ;) I still need to get pictures of you in the wardrobe. Maybe Sat. Are you wearing it in the parade? You totally have too!!
finally finished the post about the play on my blog. Run over and look at the pictures.
Good luck today on your last day and at the parade.
I just wanted to let you know that I have been hearing about it from my friends in Santaquin. They say it is AWESOME. One friend tried to go on Monday at 2:30 and it was already sold out. That is really cool. Congrats!
Post a Comment