My cousin's super-cute college age daughter is trying to rally the troupes for a little family togetherness! She is trying to get us all sharing in a Ten-on-Tuesday as she describes in her invitation below:
"I talked to several of you at the family party we had on Sunday about doing a ten on Tuesday thing. If you don't remember or you were just really confused… here is my story to help explain. My mom's family is scattered everywhere. We have people in California, some in Idaho, several in Utah, and one is in Iraq. Anyways… every Tuesday (or any other day of the week) We send out an e-mail or update our blog with 10 things we did that week. Sometimes we don't have ten sometimes we have more. It is the best thing I have ever had happen to me and my mom's family. There were people that I didn't know and now I feel as if I have known them my whole life. It is a great way of keeping track of what your family is doing. Since it is such a success in my mom's family I want to see if I can get it going for the Nielson family. I have tried to do this with other people and no one will do it because "their life is boring" and even if you feel like your life is boring I want to hear about it. I want to know and understand my family. So please play with us. It is truly something that has blessed my family tremendously and I think it would do the same thing for us. So let's try it!!!"
Okay JaNae... boring or not... here we go!
#1- The Biggie: Steven's Mom's Funeral.It was nice, the flowers were gorgeous and the weather was great.We're all still adjusting to the shock, although there has been a great deal of peace come to us this week.
#2- The family party at Margene's. Always good to see everyone... only why do we just clump up??We need to MIX better! (Speaking mainly to MYSELF of course.) SO GREAT to see Kim!
#3- Went to ANOTHER family dinner - for Steve's family - right after the picnic.While everyone was still in town for the funeral, we decided to have a de-stress night:Sandwiches, ice-cream, games and the usual fashion show put on by all the little girls with Darren's costume trunk.
#4- Out to Dinner at Los Hermanos with Melanie and Tony before they left town again.(He LOVES Los Hermanos so when they're here we always go.)
#5- Had Shakespeare Team rehearsals after school every day. We are about 3 weeks away from going to the Shakespeare competition at SUU. Now if only we could get ALL 20 of the ensemble kids here at once we'd be doing GREAT!
#6- Downloaded a cool acting/improv/character focus video for my Drama 1 kids. It's the group that does surprising things in public places. I love Frozen Grand Central and Food Court Musical.
http://improveverywhere.com/2008/01/31/frozen-grand-central/
http://improveverywhere.com/2008/03/09/food-court-musical/
Check them out... pretty amazing. I just love the reactions of the "real people"
#7- I FINALLY put my big "Oscar" cut-out on my big blank wall at school. (Been waiting for the BIG ladder.) Evan gave me this big cut out of the Academy Award Oscar statue a while back. I've been hoarding it in my office... finally got up the courage to climb the ladder. (Not really... most of my Drama 3 class was on an History field trip, so the remaining 6 kids got the ladder and climbed it for me.) :)
#8- Took Jada to get her sewing supplies for her Sewing 2 class.
#9- Switched my insurance to Geico. (For real!) I'm saving $143.00 a month - YAY!
#10- Did about 8 loads of laundry AND... did my TEN on TUESDAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Not boring at all...loved all 10 (the Food Court Musical is a family favorite here, too!). Thanks for sharing a slice of your life :)
sounds like a week full of drama ;) what else would I expect from you.
I love it! What a great idea (even if you didn't think of it yourself:) I will be checking in every Wednesday to see your fascinating life! (It will give me something to do at work while I eat my breakfast:)
Post a Comment