1- Primary Program is done!!! YAY! The kids were cute and all went well.
We had a little 3 year old boy who told the Samuel the Lamanite story from memory and then sang the Book of Mormon Stories verse about it. He was the highlight of the program. His mom is my fabulous choreographer at school.
2- Wasn't very smart... I played an outside game with my D-1 kids on Friday. There was an odd number, so I partnered up with a kid... all good until I stepped back into a grate and twisted my bad foot! AAAAHHHH..... not again!! My physical therapist is going to KILL me. I think I just undid all the therapy we worked so hard on last spring. I will now start whining... the thoughts of doing another round of A-stem definitely deserves whining.
3- Steve came and worked some scene development with my Shakespeare kids. He is so good at pulling out all these character details that really bring a scene to life. Plus... they seem to take him more seriously than they do me! Why is that? I guess he's just SCARIER! (Yeah, I know... I'm pretty scary.)
4- We had Kaila's friend Brendan and Sierra's friend Phillip over for Sunday dinner. It was quite interesting to have BOYS at our table. I think we scared them away with the girls' tales of crazy childhood escapades... and a good dose of home videos! Mwaaa...haaa...haaaa!
5- Speaking of those home videos... aw... where did those adoreable little kids go?? We were watching Kaila at 3, Sierra at 2 and Jada as a baby. I remember those kids. And to think I thought they were stressful THEN! Silly me.
6- Found out that I get to go with Sierra on Drill Team tour to Cali in a few weeks... Fun! Her team are FABULOUS Dancers and they get to dance at Disney and Universal studios. Disneyland and Universal will be cool...
7- but the real news of the night was... WE ARE GOING TO "WICKED" in L.A. !!!! Oh. My. Gosh. For those of you who don't know this... I have been DYING to see the musical "Wicked" for years now. I know every word to every song and it is my favorite musical even though I've never seen the show. My sibs and some friends pooled some dough for my 40th b-day to go... I've been hanging on to that and NOW... we're going!! Okay, I admit it... I am SUCH a Drama Geek!

Ooops... sorry Sierra... I'm sure your dancing will be just as AWESOME! She may feel like dis-owning me after having to deal with my limpy walk for that many days. I think I really need to get a Jazzy! (Did I mention... WICKED??)
8- Got to hang out at Scrapbook night with a bunch of my teacher friends. I never seem to get much done, but the company is GREAT! We talk our heads off, consume way too many baked goods and float away on a river of Diet Coke! This time we all enjoyed watching the SNL skit about Sarah Palin and Hilary Clinton. HAHAHAHA!!!
9- Get to inform my new insurance (1 week old.... grrrrr) that my teenage driver got a stinkin' speeding ticket! Can't we just lock 'em up until they're 21?
10- Thought longingly all week about the rest of my family being in Disneyland THIS week.
I think the girls have asked close to a hundred times... "When are Grandma and Grandpa coming back?" "When will Natalie be home?" "How many more days until Jaden gets back?" I think they musta missed ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment