After much pressure from the powers that be... (Nat, Crystal, Missy, Janet....) I have finally created MY OWN BLOG! Of course on this lazy June day, it seems simple enough. Check back in September once school starts and you will see.... blank space.... and hear only.... the quiet chirp of crickets!
It appears that I can only survive this life if I am involved in at least 5 different events at once. In fact, it has been proven that during downtimes, when I have **nothing** (ah, the bliss) to do, I will inevitably wind up sick. My stress appears to be what holds me together. That being said... I do really love all the crazy stuff in my life:
First and foremost: My beautiful daughters! There are 5 of them and they are the core of my life. The oldest three, Kaila, Sierra & Jada, are teenagers. Wait, let's amend that: TEENAGERS! And they have truly earned that name. They are just as busy and involved as their mom and when we're not butting heads, we're involved in the world's longest slumber party where we talk and giggle and share secrets. Okay... the head butting happens most frequently, but the other stuff is still fun! Then there is my 11 year old, Necia. She's the tomboy of the group, but with the most tender heart. She'd have every stray animal in the world if we'd let her. Her tough exterior is a thin veil for the sweetness underneath. My "baby" is Erika. She's 7, and frequently reminds me that she's "getting so big". And don't I know it! It's that bittersweet thing where you love to watch them learn and grow, but you mourn the loss of the little person they are leaving behind at the same time. In a later post I will have to share some of her hilarious literary offerings from this year. She's sweet and smart, and I'd love to keep her little forever!
The next biggest time-taker-upper in my life is my job as a Jr. High Drama Teacher.YUP... Jr. High. Yes, that's right, DRAMA. And as friends frequently remind me... it shouldn't be too hard a job, considering that Jr. High and Drama are pretty much synonyms! I love my other "kids" (all 200+ of them). I teach 5 different drama classes: beginning, intermediate, advanced, tech theater and Shakespeare. And when the school day is over: Drama club, Shakespeare team, the school musical, talent assemblies and department chair meetings prevail. (I wish I was exaggerating, but I'm not.) And that would be why the blogging may dwindle as summer dies.
I have the FABULOUS calling of being the Primary music leader in my ward. Although I was terrified when I got the calling last summer, it has turned out to be one of my FAVORITE church jobs ever. My church kids are so much fun... and the fact that they are ages 3-11 lets me enjoy a different age group than what I do at school. The Sunbeams (3-4 year olds) crack me up as they take turns hugging my legs while I'm trying to lead the music. One funny coincidence: my Mom has the same calling in her ward, so we can share our ideas. (And most of you know my Mom, so you KNOW what those ideas might entail!)
Summer Fun:
Just because I'm sooooo bored when school is not in session... yeah right... the summer has to be filled with EVENTS of it's own. Let's see... this year... I will be teaching swim lessons in July. And our whole family (except Sierra - who is busy with Drill Team) is doing a production of "Beauty & The Beast" for a local community theater. Steve is playing "Gaston", I get to be the "Wardrobe" (yes, I know that's a singing dresser!), Kaila is a "silly girl", and Jada, Necia and Erika are all enchanted objects in the castle. Our performances are set for the two weeks preceding Labor Day, and in truth I'm kinda terrified. I've directed at least 100 shows in the past 20 years, but I haven't been IN one since high school. YIKES!
And THAT friends is me in a very large nutshell! I could keep going, telling you about the GIRLFRIENDS that help keep me centered, but we'll save that for another post. (Brevity in writing is NOT one of my skills! Sorry about that!) It's either a novel or nothing.
So...Welcome to the DRAMA!
8 comments:
Yayyyyy! FINALLY!!! I should've known that when you finally did your blog it would be digitally scrapbooked and fabulous and...wordy.
I can't wait to see more! You'll have so much to post about during school that you'd BETTER keep blogging. You'll be addicted by then.
Hellooooo! Crystal told me to come say hi. I do feel like I already know you though because Crystal talks about you all the time. You sound like so much fun and maybe we'll even meet up sometime!
YES FINALLY!!!!! Of course a fabulouse 1st post. Love the pictures of my girls. My blog is always lenghty but lacks the class and style of the way you tell a story. I am so excited that you are going to join us in keeping a record. I have always loved to hear you spin a yarn.... Now let's not go talking about frogs.
Yea! I am so glad you too have a blog. Now I can feel like I'm still connected in Utah...instead of bored in central Illinois:) I love the page of your girls--they are all so beautiful! It's so strange to see them all grown up (especially Erika--since she was BORN when I was student teaching). I am feeling so old now! I will be checking your blog often:)
Welcome to blogger land! Don't worry, its an addiction, so when school starts you won't be able to resist! BTW, this it Amy, Natalie's St. George friend. I'm a blog crasher. Love the pics of your girls, I hope your hubby answers the door with a shotgun! They are gorgeous!
AW! Friends! Thanks girls.
I will TRY to be less wordy in future posts, Crystal!
I think we should see what happens when "Worlds collide!", Wendi.
Hey, Cynthia!! How was the St. Louis trip? And how's baby Charlotte? Are your appendages back to normal yet??
Crash ANY time, Amy! I'll come on over and visit your blog.
And now Natalie... let's talk about that HUGE NASTY FROG that YOU left in MY bedroom...
Kara, You are awseome! Your girls are beautiful!! I hope you don't mind me taking a peak at your blog. I linked over from Nat's. We used to spend time together till life happened. Do you remember me? Marla, Nat's friend? You know your Vegas buddy? Oh man I have some stories. feel free to check out my blog. I just want you to know that I think you should get a special reward for teaching that age and teaching what you do. It takes someone whith a whole heap of patients to be able to do that!
I'm so excited that you are no longer a blogger virgin!!! whoo hooo welcome!!
Post a Comment