Yes, that is a picture of MY feet, bound in compression straps, resting on ice packs and elevated on a pillow. That has been my view ALL DAY! The latest in the saga of the plantar fascitis which plagues me constantly!
I had steroid injections yesterday which were supposed to be a pain RELIEVING attempt. Did great all day yesterday. Even went to lunch and did a little anticipatory baby shopping with Crystal. Then this morning I woke up with hugely swollen feet and so much pain that I was asking for a hacksaw to just remove both feet at the ankle!!! I finally got ahold of the receptionist at the orthopedist, and she very blithely announced, "Oh, yes, there can be some pain for 3 or 4 days." THREE or FOUR DAYS!!!! I want you all to know that I asked the PA who did the injections (never even SAW my doctor) specifically what I should expect and he just sent me on my way saying... "That's it. Come back in two weeks and we'll see if you have any more hot spots." GRRRRRR..... No word from the doc or the assistant.... no return call.
So, I called my physical therapist, who I really like, and he was awesome. He actually called me right back, between patients, told me all about possible side-effects to the kenalog, prescribed the elevation and icing, and then (MY HERO) called the orthopedist himself to let him know that there was a real problem here. The PT arranged for Steve to run to the orthopedic office (ALSO MY HERO) and get these compression straps which support the arch, control the swelling and keep the medicine at the back of the foot where it was supposed to be. (He told me, btw, that per his request, I was supposed to have gotten those straps when I went in yesterday. Neither of us is too thrilled with Mr. Hot-Shot Orthopedist right now.)
With that, and a little Lortab, I was able to survive the day. Now that, ladies, will tell you a lot. I HATE pain meds. They make me groggy and weird, but today, it was a necessary evil! After a trip to the bathroom that resulted in tears (big baby!) my husband showed up with one pill and a glass of water and said "No arguing. Take it!"
And now, here I am, lying in bed, missing rehearsal and wondering how in the heck I'm gonna have my family ready to head to the cabin tonight for our Father's Day adventure. I was supposed to get my groceries today... hmmm... hard to do when you can't even stand!!!!Thanks for letting me whine to you. And p.s. Crystal.... there, I do too have a picture of me on my blog! :)
5 comments:
Nope. Photos of body-less limbs do not count as "a picture of myself." Sorry.
I'm sure you'd be really fun to hang out with when you're "groggy and weird." I wish I could see you--THAT would be a fun girls' night.
I'm so sorry about your feet!!! Keep taking the meds girlie!!
Ouch! That sounds miserable! You are a much better patient than I would be. I don't think that I would even be in a good enough mood to blog. And I agree with Crystal--pictures of your limbs do not count! (But don't feel bad--I've decided that there will be no more pictures of me on my blog either until AFTER the baby is born!) I hope you feel better soon:)
I hate your stupid feet! I am so sad that I have seen you hobling and limping for so long. I wish they could just get you fixed already it's just not fair. Expecailly for how on the go you are! Hope that the injection works in the end and that is was all worth it.
Want me to post pictures of you on your blog? LOL LOL LOL Swimsiut ones from family trips? I wouldn't dare, too afraid of the consequences.
OK that sucks! How can we go on a make-believe vacation when you are all broken? That stupid shot better work because I'm all amped up to go to the imaginary Caribbean with all my friends and it won't be fun without you! Feel better!
Post a Comment